Outland Camps was founded in 1985. We supply, install and operate full service remote workforce camps and catering. We have offices across the country (including offices in Thunder Bay, Timmins, Brampton, Toronto, Amos, Edmonton, and Vancouver) to service and support our clients and staff.
Outland has installed and operated remote work camps since 1985. We started out supplying camps for forestry operations. Over the past decade, we have supplied ever larger camps to the oil and gas industry, mining and exploration firms, and provincial governments. Outland's executive team has over 100 years of experience in the remote camp business. If you would like to hear more about Outland's story please contact us for more information.
A brief history of our workforce housing and camp catering highlights:
- Outland founded. Starting as a reforestation company, establishes remote work camps for forestry operations.
- Outland completes first 100% helicopter access camp project in Alberta. We develop helicopter friendly work camps. Outland now operating remote site camps in four provinces.
- Outland becomes a long term supplier of remote modular camps to government fire fighting programs. Supplies up to 500 man camps supplying high quality catering service with just 48 hours set up time.
- Outland begins share purchase plan with key managers. The share purchase plan becomes the foundation of Outland's management structure. Outland is and remains 100% employee owned.
- Outland partners with First Nations Communities in the Thunder Bay area to develop the First Nation Ranger Program, training hundreds of 17-18 year old FN youth in forestry and mining skills in residential program. Wins Aboriginal Training Organization of the Year Award.
- Outland acquires contracts to supply modular workforce accommodations and camp catering to drill rigs in Alberta. Outland continues to grow building ever larger camp infrastructure and provides catering services to ever larger camps. Outland continues on this path with steady yearly increases in our camp and catering business.
- By 2010 Outland is remotely catering 6,000 people per
day in 7 provinces and 1 territory. Outland is steadily building
camps of 500 plus in Canada's most remote northern climates.
Outland is now one of Canada's largest private camp infrastructure
suppliers. Outland partners with Canada's leading Arctic marine
experts and becomes leading supplier of floating accommodation to the mining
Camp and Catering Jobs
Contact a Sales Rep
OYEP 2018 National Report Released!
Outland released the 2018 Outland Youth Employment Program National Report, and looks to expand in 2019! 19 Years of OYEP in the books! Here's to 19 more! Read More »
"That's a WRAP!" First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program 2018
The Outland Youth Employment Program had another successful season in 2018! The First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program (FNNRYEP), developed and operated by Outland over the last two decades, is an education, training and work opportunity for Northern Ontario Indigenous youth. The six week program partners with many regional stakeholders to offer a meaningful, culturally relevant, life/work skills oriented live-in experience in a remote camp facility. Read More »
Fairfax Successfully Completes Acquisition of Carillion Canada’s Services Business
CONCORD, ONTARIO, March 7, 2018 – Outland-Carillion Services and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited ("Fairfax") (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) announce the successful completion of the previously announced acquisition of certain assets and liabilities related to Carillion's Canadian support services operations. Read More »