The Small Engine Mechanci performs routine and preventative maintenance and repairs on engines and equipment.
627 Squier Street
Thunder Bay, ON
- Performs minor and major repairs of engines and equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance procedures on engines and equipment.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly inspections on equipment.
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Experience working with a variety of small engines (i.e. pumps, chainsaws, ATV generators, etc.).
- Small engine Technician Certificate or equivalent experience.
- Current First Aid Level 1 certification is an asset.
- Strong commitment to workplace health and safety.
- Ability to work efficently and effectively under minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Fork Lift Certification an asset.
- Experience working on Wajax Mark 3 Fire pumps in an asset.
Maintenance Staff are required to perform a variety of physical duties, including:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 100 lbs.
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
We offer a challenging work environment and competitive wages.
Equipment specific training will be provided to successful candidates.
Wages are paid on an hourly basis. Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Please fill out the following application in full to be considered for a position. You will be prompted to upload your resume so please have it ready when you apply. We thank all applicants in advance for applying however due to the high volume of interest in working with Outland Camps only those being considered for employment will be contacted.
Please apply no later than April 13, 2017
Submit applications (resume and three references) to Rose Therrien
Camp and Catering Jobs
Contact a Sales Rep
Congratulations Ryan Klages on your promotion to Operations Manager!
Congratulations are in order to Outland's Ryan Klages on his promotion to Operations Manager of Manitoba. Read More... »
"Anything is Possible.." First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program 2016
Check out highlights from the the 2016 FIrst Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program in Northern Ontario. The video chronicles the journey of various youth as they navigate their way through training, education and work projects over the course of six weeks at the camps. Read More.. »
Volunteer Award awarded to Outland's Dave Bradley and Sarah Ambroziak!
Congratulations are in order to Outland's Dave Bradley and Sarah Ambroziak for being awarded one of Carillion Canada's STAR Awards. Both received The Volunteer Award for their amazing work with the First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program. Read More... »
Outland Acquired by Carillion Canada
Carillion Canada Inc. (“Carillion”) a wholly owned subsidiary of Carillion PLC, has announced its acquisition of 100 per cent of the share capital of Outland. Read more... »