627 Squier Street
Thunder Bay, ON
Job Description: The Remote Services HR Administrator will work alongside an experienced team of operations/project managers and site supervisors to support their admin, hiring, retention and policy needs including:
- Streamline remote services hiring and retention strategies
- Develop and rollout policies and practices that focus on increasing employee outputs, local hiring, and job satisfaction among remote site service workers
- Understanding and responding to the unique needs of Outland employees working rotation shifts in remote locations
- Communicating and enforcing company safety practices and policies
- Supporting logistics coordinators with travel and accommodation requests for remote staff
- Develop strategies that support and enhance Outland’s unique corporate culture
- Maintain front desk duties at regional including first point of contact, answering calls, document control
- Support regional staff with sharepoint document maintenance and archiving of information
- Responsible for directing clients and flow of information/inquiries at the Thunder Bay office
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Managing office supplies and restocking duties
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly organized and flexible
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Working knowledge of email, scheduling, spreadsheets and presentation software
Qualifications: University/College degree in human resources , office management, or business management. Education and/or experience with the public and knowledge of legislated HR and hiring practices . Knowledge of First Nations culture and Northern Ontario Communities’. Experience working in the North (preference to Northern Ontario). Experience in remote camp operations and asset.
For Co-op Placements: University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs. The position must provide the intern with first time employment in their field of study. Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
For Internships: Northern Ontario secondary school who recently graduated from an accredited college or university. Graduates from a high school outside of Northern Ontario who have resided in the North for at least one year are also eligible. Mature graduates may be considered.
Application Deadline : 5:00pm July 30, 2017
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Remote Services HR Administrator in the subject line.
Camp and Catering Jobs
Contact a Sales Rep
OYEP 2018 National Report Released!
Outland released the 2018 Outland Youth Employment Program National Report, and looks to expand in 2019! 19 Years of OYEP in the books! Here's to 19 more! Read More »
"That's a WRAP!" First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program 2018
The Outland Youth Employment Program had another successful season in 2018! The First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program (FNNRYEP), developed and operated by Outland over the last two decades, is an education, training and work opportunity for Northern Ontario Indigenous youth. The six week program partners with many regional stakeholders to offer a meaningful, culturally relevant, life/work skills oriented live-in experience in a remote camp facility. Read More »
Fairfax Successfully Completes Acquisition of Carillion Canada’s Services Business
CONCORD, ONTARIO, March 7, 2018 – Outland-Carillion Services and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited ("Fairfax") (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) announce the successful completion of the previously announced acquisition of certain assets and liabilities related to Carillion's Canadian support services operations. Read More »