The Maintenance staff performs routine and preventative maintenance and repairs on camp infrastructure and equipment.
- Performs minor and major repairs of buildings and equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance procedures on buildings and equipment. (i.e. check fluid levels, replace filters, repairs or replaces broken or damaged parts.)
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly inspections on buildings and equipment.
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Performs outside custodial duties such as snow removal, as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least 2 years experience.
- Large scale camp work experience is an asset.
- Current First Aid Level 1 certification is an asset.
- Valid Driver's License
Maintenance Staff are required to perform a variety of physical duties, including:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 100 lbs.
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
Maintenance Staff work on a rotational schedule. They may be expected to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays.
Wages are paid on an hourly basis. Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Please fill out the following application in full to be considered for a position. You will be prompted to upload your resume so please have it ready when you apply. We thank all applicants in advance for applying however due to the high volume of interest in working with Outland Camps only those being considered for employment will be contacted.
Camp and Catering Jobs
Contact a Sales Rep
Congratulations Ryan Klages on your promotion to Operations Manager!
Congratulations are in order to Outland's Ryan Klages on his promotion to Operations Manager of Manitoba. Read More... »
"Anything is Possible.." First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program 2016
Check out highlights from the the 2016 FIrst Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program in Northern Ontario. The video chronicles the journey of various youth as they navigate their way through training, education and work projects over the course of six weeks at the camps. Read More.. »
Volunteer Award awarded to Outland's Dave Bradley and Sarah Ambroziak!
Congratulations are in order to Outland's Dave Bradley and Sarah Ambroziak for being awarded one of Carillion Canada's STAR Awards. Both received The Volunteer Award for their amazing work with the First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program. Read More... »
Outland Acquired by Carillion Canada
Carillion Canada Inc. (“Carillion”) a wholly owned subsidiary of Carillion PLC, has announced its acquisition of 100 per cent of the share capital of Outland. Read more... »