Yellowknife, North West Territories
The Kitchen Support staff support all aspects of the meal service and ensures the cleanliness of the common areas.
- Clean and maintain all kitchen areas of facilities as per cleaning schedules. This will include: heavy equipment (hood and oven vents), dining area, floors, dish and cookware, and all areas of back of house operation.
- Stock and replenish food service items such as cutlery, dishes, glasses, cups, and condiments during and after all meal periods.
- Assist the First Cook with the unloading and storage of all supplies and groceries.
- Large scale camp work experience is an asset.
- Current Food Safe certification an asset.
- Current First Aid Level 1 Certification an asset.
Kitchen Support staff are required to perform a variety of physical duties, including:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
Kitchen Support staff work on a rotational schedule. They may be expected to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays.
Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Please fill out the following application in full to be considered for a position. You will be prompted to upload your resume so please have it ready when you apply. We thank all applicants in advance for applying however due to the high volume of interest in working with Outland Camps only those being considered for employment will be contacted.
Camp and Catering Jobs
Contact a Sales Rep
OYEP 2018 National Report Released!
Outland released the 2018 Outland Youth Employment Program National Report, and looks to expand in 2019! 19 Years of OYEP in the books! Here's to 19 more! Read More »
"That's a WRAP!" First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program 2018
The Outland Youth Employment Program had another successful season in 2018! The First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program (FNNRYEP), developed and operated by Outland over the last two decades, is an education, training and work opportunity for Northern Ontario Indigenous youth. The six week program partners with many regional stakeholders to offer a meaningful, culturally relevant, life/work skills oriented live-in experience in a remote camp facility. Read More »
Fairfax Successfully Completes Acquisition of Carillion Canada’s Services Business
CONCORD, ONTARIO, March 7, 2018 – Outland-Carillion Services and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited ("Fairfax") (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) announce the successful completion of the previously announced acquisition of certain assets and liabilities related to Carillion's Canadian support services operations. Read More »