Northern Manitoba - Exploration Camp
The Head Cook is responsible for the proper and timely preparation of meals including, but not limited to, food service, food safety and supervision of kitchen staff. This position is specifically for one of three exploration camps based throughout Northern Manitoba; roughly 15 person occupancy each.
Please note that this is a general application for various locations. Employment contract lengths will vary with each location.
- Responsible for ordering food and preparing menus.
- Coordinate and be responsible for the handling, preparation, production, and timely service of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks in accordance with approved methods and standards.
- Ensure all meals prepared according to client scheduling and within the menu plan and budget guidelines.
- Prepare meals as per menu plan provided. Ensure adequate quantities of the menu choices are prepared as per the menu plan, and follow all production quotas set.
- Ensure food is prepared as close to consumption time as possible. Supervise all portioning to meals on serving line to ensure all clients are receiving amounts specified.
- Ensure proper storage and rotation of all food supplies.
- Applicants must have a current Food Safe certificate.
- Applicants must have a current Level 3 First Aid certificate.
- Large scale camp cooking experience is an asset.
- Red Seal or other certifications is an Asset.
- Experience in accurately producing weekly inventories.
- High standards in maintaining a clean and organized Kitchen.
are required to perform a variety of physical duties, including:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Perform work with arms at full length.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
Head Cook will work on a rotational schedule. They may be expected to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays. They may be required to work split shifts.
Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
Please fill out the following application in full to be considered for a position. You will be prompted to upload your resume so please have it ready when you apply. We thank all applicants in advance for applying however due to the high volume of interest in working with Outland Camps only those being considered for employment will be contacted.
Camp and Catering Jobs
Contact a Sales Rep
OYEP 2018 National Report Released!
Outland released the 2018 Outland Youth Employment Program National Report, and looks to expand in 2019! 19 Years of OYEP in the books! Here's to 19 more! Read More »
"That's a WRAP!" First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program 2018
The Outland Youth Employment Program had another successful season in 2018! The First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program (FNNRYEP), developed and operated by Outland over the last two decades, is an education, training and work opportunity for Northern Ontario Indigenous youth. The six week program partners with many regional stakeholders to offer a meaningful, culturally relevant, life/work skills oriented live-in experience in a remote camp facility. Read More »
Fairfax Successfully Completes Acquisition of Carillion Canada’s Services Business
CONCORD, ONTARIO, March 7, 2018 – Outland-Carillion Services and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited ("Fairfax") (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) announce the successful completion of the previously announced acquisition of certain assets and liabilities related to Carillion's Canadian support services operations. Read More »