Food Services Dietitian
Yellowknife, NWT Operations
The Food Services Dietitian will support the implementation of standards and service within the business facility, covering all services within their jurisdiction. This includes guidance, advise, support, post-incident reviews, audit management, ensuring patients are provided with high-quality clinical dietetic services and menus that meet their requirements. This is an active role requiring excellent teamwork and relationship management skills.
Oversee all dietetic services including but not limited to:
- Monitoring food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional safety, sanitation, and quality standards
- Completing documentation for evaluation of food service programs
- Working with and supporting providers in identifying and resolving issues affecting patient's food habits and nutritional well-being
- Working with catering teams in relation to allergies and special dietary requirements
- Developing policies for food services or nutritional programs promoting health and disease control
Competencies for Success:
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Positive Attitude
- Personal Motivation
- Communicative; Oral and Written
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Prioritizing, Planning and Organizing
- Integrity and Accountability
- Flexibilityand Adaptability
- Highly Responsive
- Proactive Learning
- Problem Solving, Judgement and Decision Making
- Meticulous; Attention to Detail Knowledge and Applied Skills
- New graduates with an interest in Food Services welcome
- Bachelors Degree in Food, Nutrition and Health, Dietetics and/or Food Service Administration
- Registered Dietician (Registered with College of Dietitians in province of residence)
- In-depth knowledge of food and fluid modifications and diets as per the Alberta Health Services Provincial Diet Guidelines is an asset.
- Proven Knowledge of Advanced Food Service Systems, specifically out-sourcing, cold plating, rethermalization technology
- Previous experience as a team administrator and knowledge of the working of a large multi-disciplinary/multi-location department
- Previous experience in supporting a business contract and providing support to a professional function
- Camp, hotel or restaurant management experience is an asset.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- First Aid Certification
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Must have an acceptable Criminal Records Check.
- Professional liability insurance.
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
The Food Services Dietitian works on a rotational schedule. They may be expected to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays.
Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Camp and Catering Jobs
Contact a Sales Rep
OYEP 2018 National Report Released!
Outland released the 2018 Outland Youth Employment Program National Report, and looks to expand in 2019! 19 Years of OYEP in the books! Here's to 19 more! Read More »
"That's a WRAP!" First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program 2018
The Outland Youth Employment Program had another successful season in 2018! The First Nations Natural Resources Youth Employment Program (FNNRYEP), developed and operated by Outland over the last two decades, is an education, training and work opportunity for Northern Ontario Indigenous youth. The six week program partners with many regional stakeholders to offer a meaningful, culturally relevant, life/work skills oriented live-in experience in a remote camp facility. Read More »
Fairfax Successfully Completes Acquisition of Carillion Canada’s Services Business
CONCORD, ONTARIO, March 7, 2018 – Outland-Carillion Services and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited ("Fairfax") (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) announce the successful completion of the previously announced acquisition of certain assets and liabilities related to Carillion's Canadian support services operations. Read More »